Wednesday, January 27

dp | refined statement + research

refined statement:

CONTEMPORARY ART OFTEN BLURS THE LINE BETWEEN ARTIST AND DESIGNER,  SO HOW CAN I ELVATE MAGAZINE DESIGN TO FEEL LIKE A PIECE OF ART WITHOUT OVERPOWERING THE ART BEING CONTRIBUTED? 


speculative trouble shooting: {POTENTIAL ISSUES & SOLUTIONS} 


IF THE ARTISTS WORK IS POORLY DOCUMENTED, THEN I WILL RESHOOT THEM MYSELF OR HAVE A PHOTOGRAPHER DO IT. 

INSTEAD OF SHOWING EACH ARTISTS INDIVIDUALLY, I WILL HOST COLLABORATIVE SHOOTS AND STYLE THE SET UP. THAT WAY I CAN SHOW MANY WORKS BUT HAVE THEM ALL COME TOGETHER TO MAKE A MORE INTERESTING IMAGE. 

SO SOME ARTISTS WILL HAVE THEIR OWN FEATURE WHILE OTHERS MIGHT BE SHOWN IN GROUPS THAT I CURATE TOGETHER. 

IF AN ARTIST DOESN'T GIVE ME CONTENT IN TIME THEN THEY JUST WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BE FEATURED. 



degree process blog: 

http://saragarrisondegreeproject.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment