Wednesday, October 22

Process on Koenig Book



Koenig used steel as a material for structuring his buildings; creating an innovative method of construction. Steel allowed the structures to be open and uninterrupted. Koenig let the area that he was designing his buildings influence the way it looked. For example the LA street grid is apparent in his Stahl House. As I design my spreads, I want to push the traditional methods of book design by letting the content create organic open structures on each spread. Fusion of type and image, create shapes that reflect what the content is describing. The Stahl house spreads are perhaps my best example of this. I experimented with juxtapositioning the organic spreads with this grid, but overall it feels too disconnected right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment