Monday, March 24

Lecture Poster- 6 Iterations

Overall, I'm having trouble pinpointing one title or concept to go with so I'm exploring many different things that pertain to Robynne Raye so that I can decide which idea is working and move forward. With this round of iterations (being a week from due date) I wanted to keep pushing and experimenting many things, which provided lack of refinement for these posters. My goal today was to push the designs really out there, find what's working, and pull back with lots of refinement over the next week.
Two directions: Her bold sense of humor & her love for food
Attributes: Playful, Unusual, Bold


Humor 1: Fight with Words
Robynne put in a blog post about her copyright battle that her best advice to anyone in her situation was to fight with words. So I used the typography to push this idea. 



Humor 2: Flowers from Outer Space
Robynne is known to be a huge garden nerd, so I wanted to try and incorporate that as well. In another blog post from her she posted that she loved flowers that looked like they were from outer space, an example she gave was the blue iris. 



Humor 3: Fight with Words
Because of how huge the Target Copyright Case is in the design world, I felt I should also try to incorporate this.. still using the same title she mentioned before. I thought the target dog was a good opportunity for a pun, considering her company name is Modern Dog. 

Love for Food 1: Modern Dog
This design is completely analog. My goal here was to integrate all 
of the type into the food, but then I realized something needed 
to be left out to draw the viewer in.  


Love for Food 2: Process Makes Perfect
This design speaks to the reveal of process within her work. 
I included the "transparent" background of Adobe software to show process.

Love for Food 3: The Woes of Copyright Battles
Trying the Target idea again, but within this direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment